vm 8.2.0a

Hi All,

I have been using vm 8.2.0a since it came out with very few
problems. I still have the outstanding mime-marker issue [bug:740755]
in this version, but other than that very few issues. Well done. I
know things have moved a bit since I got this version, but a couple of
suggestions:

1) Not sure if this is new, since I only recently started using the
   X-version of emacs (not xemacs, but I used to use only on tty), but
   the default for vm-mime-type-images seems silly to me unless vm
   comes with those images in a sensible place. I kept on getting
   messages about not being able to find {maildir}/application.xpm etc

2) When I reply a mail with type mixed/alternative and there is a text
   and html part, vm will use the html part in the reply even when I
   have set:

   (setq vm-mime-alternative-select-method '(favorite "text/plain"
   "text/html"))

   I can get around this by adding "text/html" to
   vm-mime-internal-content-type-exceptions but thats not good since
   html only messages will not be seen. I think vm should honor the
   select-method in reply. Now that I think about it, this might be a
   bug

Anyhow, this version is looking pretty good. I have three branches
that I'm hoping to get included in vm eventually (abbrev headers, msg
filters, and smime) I will test merging them with this version, but
any thoughts on those?

Thanks,
-Arik

Follow ups