Re: [Question #175942]: vm decodes multipart mime message incorrectly

It is quite possible VM is either not doing the right thing or does
not recognize the MIME - there are a few clients out there which do
some unusual things. VM is also quite flexible in how it can be
configured, so there is a chance it could also be due to some local
configuration settings.

My recommendation would be to minimize your VM configuration to only
have the bare minimum required to operate and see if the problem still
exists. If it doesn't, then we know it is an issue with local config
and can focus on that. If it still exists, then the best thing wold be
to us vm-submit-bug-report to submit a bug report and we will see if
we can work out what is going on.

I suspect from your description that the problem may be due to
limitations arising from the interface to w3m (or whatever program you
are using to view html) and VM's mime decoding. Do you see the same
problem if you default to viewing the text/plain part rather than the
text/html part?

Tim