VM 8.1.2 and 8.2.0b1

Dear all,

We have a minor set back.  'mere user' discovered a while ago that the
current release is not "forward-compatible", i.e., it doesn't deal properly
with VM folders created by future versions of VM (which are likely to extend
the cached data format).

Going back, I discovered that the problem goes back to the 8.1.0 and 8.1.1
releases as well.  Since I have extended the cached-data format in 8.2.x
branch and plan to extend it further, this will pose the danger that
somebody who tries out the version 8.2.0 and goes back to the old version
can get into difficulties.

So, I am going to create a 8.1.2 release and wait for a month or so for it
to filter through the Linux distributions before releasing 8.2.0.

Meanwhile, we will have a 8.2.0b1 release for the active users that download
from Launchpad.

Cheers,
Uday