Re: [Question #206410]: searching though mail

Question #206410 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/206410

Arik proposed the following answer:
Hi Frayja,

I think what you are looking for is within the context of virtual
folders. When I need to search like this I use the vm-create-virtual-
folder (keys V-C) then the type of selector (e.g. subject, text, author,
etc.) Most often, for me at least, one of these selectors is good, or
you can do another V-C within the resulting virtual folder, to nest the
searches. Otherwise, a very powerful but more abstract selector is the
"sexp", where you enter a lisp expression of selectors (for example
'(and (author "blah") (subject "blah"))')

I hope this answers your question. Please see the VM info manual for
more details about how to use the virtual folder (and specifically the
vm-create-virtual-folder) interfaces.

Cheers,
-Arik

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.