[Question #221128]: Recreating summary messages too verbose

New question #221128 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/221128

Could you please lower (to 7 or even 8) the two Recreating summary messages

  (vm-inform 6 "Recreating summary... %s" n))
  (vm-inform 6 "Recreating summary... done")

in the vm-update-summary-and-mode-line () function [vm-folder.el]

My primary drive in requesting this is that in delete and kill messages, the more
useful "<n> messages deleted" is immediately overwritten with the relatively useless
Recreating summary message.  (I say "relatively useless" since that message comes
out on almost EVERYTHING I do -- read, delete, etc and so forth, and as such doesn't
really convey much interesting information).

I could just lower vm-verbosity to 5, but then I lose a lot of other useful/interesting
level 6 messages...

This  is re version VM 8.2.0b (gnu23), running under emacs v24.2 (Solaris/SPARC).

TIA!

     -RDH  (Robert D. Houk)

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.