[Question #235120]: pcrisis is not morphing when I hit reply or forward

New question #235120 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/235120

I've been using vm-pcrisis.el for over 10 years (the 1999 version by Rob Hodges). When I upgraded to vm 8.2.0b last week (from version 8.0.x) and the 2011 version by Uday Reddy, an important behavior changed and I'd like to get it back, if anybody knows how.

Previously, when I did a reply or forward operation, pcrisis would do an "automorph" and set my outgoing email address to match the incoming address of the message.  So, if my default outgoing email address was jsmith@xxxxxxxx, but the incoming message was addressed to foo@xxxxxxx, and I did a reply or forward command, pcrisis would properly set the From line to foo@xxxxxxx. It doesn't do this anymore: my From line is always jsmith@xxxxxxxx, no matter what the incoming address on the message is.

However, the vmpc-automorph function works perfectly when I invoke it directly. So I am hoping there's a simple way to make the morphing happen again on replies and forwards.

Thank you very much.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.