[Question #253121]: virtual folder containing imap folders

New question #253121 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/253121

Dear development team,

this is my first question on this list so please excuse any incorrect formulation. Also I am not sure that this is the
correct forum for this question, please in this case point me to the right place.

VM was my primary mail reader for a long time, then I left it for a couple of years, and now would like to come back.

I am trying to define a virtual folder which is based on some imap folders. I did a quick search and I found contradictory answers.

I tried to use (in vm-virtual-folder-alist) the full specification of the imap folders, as in "imap-ssl:....", but this gave me no results.
When I visit the virtual folder, vm says that there are no messages.

I then tried to follow the suggestion (4 years old) here:
http://gnu.emacs.vm.info.narkive.com/oCCiTvcg/imap-server-folder-in-vm-virtual-folder-alist

which basically amounts to use the cache files instead of the imap servers. That works, but it is not practical as those cache files could change.

So my question: is it possible that I am overlooking something very obvious, and virtual folders should have no problems with IMAP? Or is support for this feature still lagging behind?

VM version is: 8.1.0

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.

Follow ups