from 7.18 to 8.0.12:font-lock-mode and menubar

Hi

I started using vm 20 years ago but switched to gnus 10 years ago when
the imap interface slowed down. I still used vm 7.19 together with the
remember pkg which saves small pieces of text into a vm folder.

Since vm7.19 does not work very well for Xemacs 21.5 I gave 8.0.12
(which is shipped as an Xemacs pkg) a try. To minor things first:

    -  in the  summaray mode I can not get font-lock-mode to work (and I
       am pretty sure that worked for vm-7.19+xemacs21.4)

    -  the menu bar is on the top, while I was used to have it on the
       left side, is there a new variable which control this behaviour.

The other more important issue concerns utf8 coding which I will discuss
in my next email.

regards

Uwe Brauer