[Question #259528]: summary window blank with emacs 24.4

New question #259528 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/259528

I've compiled emacs-24.4 for ubuntu utopic and now my vm setup shows a blank "inbox Summary" window.  Immediately after rendering the Summary/Presentation window pair, the *Messages* buffers shows:

  apply: Marker points into wrong buffer: #<marker at 13150006 in inbox>

Then, periodically, I get:

  Error running timer `vm-check-mail-itimer-function': (error "Marker points into wrong buffer" #<marker at 13150006 in inbox>)

I can use vm-next-message/vm-previous-message in either Summary or Presentation windows to navigate, but the Summary window is always empty and the mode line shows "** VM: inbox Summary (no messages)".  If I delete a message the buffer save fails with the first message above.

Here is my configuration:

/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/vm/version.txt: "8.2.0b"

../emacs-24.4/configure --disable-silent-rules --with-wide-int --with-file-notification=inotify --build x86_64-linux-gnu --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-pop=yes --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs24/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro" CPPFLAGS="-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"

Configured for `x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?    ../emacs-24.4
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
      (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          GTK3
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes -lgif
  Does Emacs use a png library?                           yes -lpng12 -lz -lm
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                yes
  Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             yes
  Does Emacs support sound?                               yes
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use GSettings?                               yes
  Does Emacs use a file notification library?             yes -lglibc (inotify)
  Does Emacs use access control lists?                    yes -lacl
  Does Emacs use -lselinux?                               no
  Does Emacs use -lgnutls?                                yes
  Does Emacs use -lxml2?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              yes
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              yes
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   yes
  Does Emacs directly use zlib?                           yes
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.