[Question #675461]: Upgrade to Emacs 26.1 breaks vm-8.2.0b-gnu23

New question #675461 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/675461

Have used vm-8.2.0b-gnu23 for many years. Yesterday upgraded to emacs 26.1 on FreeBSD 11.2 and now I get a long complex error message when I start vm.
There are a lot non-ascii characters first and it ends with (list nil vm-mail-header-order "NO_MATCH_ON_HEADERS:").
I cannot copy the text into this question, as soon as I try to access the emacs mini buffer it disappears. I cannot see a way to attach a screen shot to this question.

I have the old lisp code of my original vm-8.2.0b-gnu23, I have tried that too, same result. The site-lisp/vm that came with the Emacs 26.1 seems to be identical to my old lisp code.

I have tried to visit old mail folders, also in BABYL format, same error.

Best wishes
Anders Liljeborg

--
You received this question notification because your team VM development
team is an answer contact for VM.