vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Re: 0.12 branch and merge requests

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:53:52PM -0500, Nate Aune wrote:
> Great to see that vmbuilder is progressing, and thank you for all your
> hard work! Obviously, your first priority is to get it working on
> Ubuntu OS, but I'm wondering since Ubuntu is built on top of Debian,
> would it work there as well?

Today, it should. Back when I started working on VMBuilder, it had a few
requirements that weren't fulfilled in Debian, and I hadn't the time to
pursue those things at the time. I don't believe this is the case
anymore, so I should probably get this uploaded to Debian.

> Do you know if there are any plans to get vmbuilder working on Debian,
> or if you know of anyone that is already working on this?

I don't think anyone is, but I really should be doing it myself. I've
added it to my TODO list. Thanks for the nudge.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team