vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Post install Issues

Hi All,

I'm using VMBuilder and I liked it very much. I have a custom package
that I install in post install script (--exec script).
This package assumes that MySQL is installed (PreDepends) and as part
of configuration this package creates a new database in the MySQL
using something like mysql < db_dump.sql.
Although I have installed the MySQL by --add-pkg but in the post
installation script it does not allows me to populate data in the
database.

Here is the partial error that I get while VMBuilder runs the post
installation script.

	ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
	, stderr: Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
	Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
	Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
	Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
	ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
	ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
	dpkg: error processing custom-server (--configure):
	 custom-server

Can this problem be solved? Since the package expects the MySQL is
running on the machine.

Thanks,
Amol

Follow ups