vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Unable to SSH into the instance

Hi,

I created an image using python-vm-builder and verified that the instance of
 that image works as I expected for the Eucalyptus setup (which uses KVM
hypervisor for node controllers). I used
this<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Eucalyptus-Jaunty>guide to
create image and use it for my Eucalyptus setup. I used the same
image to bundle and upload on EC2 and when I started the instance of that
image I was not able to ssh into it. The public key authorization failed and
the ssh fall beck to password authorization.

What might be the reason for this? Do I need to explicitly add the key from
which I would like to get authenticated? But how did it worked for the
Eucalyptus setup? Is there anything special that needs to be done while
creating image for EC2? Note that I haven't used python-vm-builder-ec2.

Thanks,
Amol