vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Building Images with Specific Kernel

I want to build image for EC2 and I want a specific kernel to be used
within my image. For example, i want to use kernel xx.yy which has
particular modules available for my software to work. This kernel is
also available through apt-get so I can install it in my
post-installation script. This however doesn't work me. The
post-installation script also install the my software which when gets
install checks for the modules it needs and it fails since it doesn't
find it because incompatible kernel.

My Question is how can I create VM which is build for using a
*specified* kernel and not any random one?

Thanks,
Amol

Follow ups