vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~chad.smith/vmbuilder/jenkins_kvm_azure_netplan_hotplug into lp:~ubuntu-on-ec2/vmbuilder/jenkins_kvm

So all said, I think this patch handles most use cases, hotpluggedeth0 will match a newly attached eth0 that the is present on the system during boot (and mark that device RequiredForOnline=yes if 50-cloud-init.yaml doesn't match because of a mac address mismatch. We won't clean up cloud-init's yaml for a couple reasons:
 1. Long term cloud-init is growing the ability to handle cold plug and hot plug events like this and regenerate config upon a delta in hardware so it will regenerate the proper config

 2. If the new nic is detached in the future and the original nic gets reattached, we'd prefer that 50-cloud-init's  configuration that was provided is honored, instead of the 90-hotplug-azure.yaml, so removing/disabling that yaml could cause us other issues if additional configuration was provided in 50-cloud-init.yaml that we wanted to keep associated with that original eth0 nic only.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~chad.smith/vmbuilder/jenkins_kvm_azure_netplan_hotplug/+merge/347212
Your team VMBuilder is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~chad.smith/vmbuilder/jenkins_kvm_azure_netplan_hotplug into lp:~ubuntu-on-ec2/vmbuilder/jenkins_kvm.