weather-indicator-team team mailing list archive

Petition to look into the more serious bugs

Hi,

I like the idea and most of the concept of indicator-weather.
Unfortunately, for me, but it seems also for others, neither the version
in Ubuntu 11.04 nor the development branch PPA seem to work (they crash
either right at the start or after a few hours of runtime).

There was a call for bug reports on the Twitter account, and many bugs
were reported since then. They were quickly triaged in terms of
categorising them (which I appreciate), but it looks (to me, and I may
well miss something) like only a minor share of the more grave bugs have
been worked on lately, while some of the wishlist bugs were 'fixed'
rather quickly.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/weather-indicator/+bugs

It's obviously summer and many of you will have been on holidays and I
really have no rights to ask for the grave bugs to be fixed. Still, from
a user perspective it would be nice to have a stable way to display at
least the current temperature in a fixed location on my Desktop.
Currently, it seems impossible to have this in a stable way on the
latest 'stable' Ubuntu release (unless you decide to not use Unity).

Anyway, this is just a petition to have some more of the serious bugs
looked into, and if possible, fixed.

Thank you for considering,

Moritz

Follow ups