weather-indicator-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #230936]: difficulties to install version 13.5.2013

Question #230936 on Weather Indicator changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/weather-indicator/+question/230936

Description changed to:
I am using Ubuntu 12.04
Trying to updrade to the latest version, I have added the ppa, and ran apt-get update. At that time, other updates were available, so I updated. Also indicator-weather was included.
But, the weather indicator would not run.
Starting indicator-weather from command line:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/indicator-weather", line 2782, in <module>
    wi = indicator_weather()
  File "/usr/bin/indicator-weather", line 1585, in __init__
    self.places = json.loads(self.places)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

I also tried apt-get install indicator-weather, no error messages, but result is same, indicator-weather does't run.
What am I doing wrong?

Weather Indicator Team, which is an answer contact for Weather
Indicator.