webapps team mailing list archive

webapps-application test packages!

Hi all!

Have made a branch of webapps-applications which can build deb (./autogen.sh --enable-applications; make pkgme).

This will require lp:pkgme and lp:~robertcarr/pkgme-devportal/small-uwa-fixes (python setup.py install for both), devportal changes should land soon hopefully :)

I would appreciate some people testing building the packages and investigating the contents of a few random ones. Likewise some fail due to errors (this is alright of sorts, we can do an incremental roll out for the actual app packages) but I haven't been able to go through them all yet. If anyone has some time just try and go through one or two and fix them!

If you want to test the entire stack locally you can build your own apt-repo.

>> approximate script <<
mkdir webapps-repo; cd webapps-repo;
mkdir conf;
echo "Origin: UbuntuWebapps
Label: Ubuntu Webapps Repository
Suite: quantal
Codename: quantal
Version: 3.1
Architectures: amd64 i386 source
Components: webapps
reprepro -Vb. export quantal
for i in $(ls ~/src/webapps-applications/with-deb/src/*.deb); do reprepro -Vb. includedeb quantal $i; done
sudo apt-get update
ubuntu-webapps-update-index
>> approximate script<<

Someone besides me giving this a shot would be great! After this can remove locally installed apps (/usr/local/share/unity-webapps/userscripts ~/.local/share/unity-webapps/userscripts) and try installing through browser navigation!

Thanks for the time all!

Truckin' on...*breaks in to song*,
Robert