Build17 Feature Freeze?

Hi everyone,

(this was originally posted to widelands-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but I wanted to make sure, that everyone involved in development receives this message, so sorry if you receive it doubled.)

I am sure everyone subscribed to this list has as well read (or at least noticed) the mails about ggz being removed from debian soon. This forced us, to rewrite out internet gaming functionality - which is now done for the biggest part (of course testing is needed and there will surely be some bug fixes).

Coming back to the fact, that debian (and thus all debian based distributions) removes ggz from their repositories, we need to release Build17 in near future, better sooner than later.

So what do you want to implement for Build17 (not want someone else to implement ;) )? And how much time do you need for the implementation?

I am all for a soon feature freeze, to get the release machine rolling soon.

I for my part only want to implement the handling of building recycling for the defaultAI and want to fix it's behaviour concerning shipyards and building ships.

So what about you? when should future freeze start?

Holger, could you please open a tag "build18-rc1" on launchpad, so we can move features and bugs, that won't be implemented/fixed in build17 to that release tag ?

Cheers
Peter