Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug1205010 into lp:widelands

Just a general though that crossed my mind: we have many 'manual' test cases in the last few days (like the one you describe in your last sentence). How about starting a test suite with lua scenarios that can be automatically run (like ts.wmf)? they would set up a starting condition (a bunch of houses), order an attack, increase time (to 100x) and wait if indeed everything happened as expected. This could save us from regressions and having to replay all scenarios all the time. It could also feature and regression test the logic. The biggest gripe is that I think we would want an easier way of preparing such a test map and we would need a test runner of some sorts. What are you thinking of this?

I added a few comments into the code.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug1205010/+merge/177137
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug1205010.