Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/fh1 into lp:widelands

> Maybe it would be good to add a <rt text-style=sans / serif> in the long term and make sans and serif selectable?
Yes, why not. However, as I understood from reading some bug reports, custom font support were implemented so that users using exotic locales could find a font that render text correctly. It might not be easy to switch serif/sans in those cases, except if we allow custom serif and custom sans font.

I see TTF handle bold/italic styles, so I wonder why it is handled in the code by using different fonts. This is not going to work if using the custom fonts. The bold faces processed by SDL_TTF do not look that bad imo.

If no objection, I am going to store the font filename in all case in the options, keeping the UI_FONT_NAME constant only to get the default value, and let TTF handle all the styles. The derived fonts in /fonts will be removed.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/fh1/+merge/177228
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/fh1.