Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data into lp:widelands

The _compatibility is needed for forward compatibility. If one would, for example, add a compelete history to map revision (suggestion of yours), in a way where the latest is store as before, then the older versions of the program could still read the map.

The alternative would lead to maps that cannot be loaded because of revision history. People downloading maps for their latest release would be less happy. I of course cannot know, but I would guess that people making maps also are more likely to download development snapshots than those just playing downloaded maps.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data/+merge/184940
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data.