Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands-metaserver/ircbridge into lp:widelands-metaserver

> But i will look into using a routine and buffers...

I understand your comment, but I still think it is a good idea. First, because it is more idiomatic go (as far as I see it right now :)) and secondly goroutines and channels are essential building blocks that somehow set the language apart - you'll find them really interesting I think.

> So even if i don't want to modify the struct i would think avoiding a copy operation by passing a pointer to the struct should be faster?

While this is correct, go optimizes these very strongly. Sofar not using a pointer has not been a performance bottleneck in go code for me. And not using a pointer signifies to the programmer that the method will not change the receiver - which is nice documentation. So only use a pointer receiver when you need to (i.e. when you need to modify the receiver) or when you measured that it impacts performance by benchmarking.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-metaserver/ircbridge/+merge/203277
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:widelands-metaserver.