Re: [Merge] lp:~hjd/widelands/debian-b18rc1 into lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian

Nasenbaer: No problem. I figured that might be the case :) I also agree with your points, so no, I wouldn't have pushed it to the main repo.

SirVer: I spoke with the Debian maintainer (emptty) on IRC yesterday and he seemed happy with the changes. In fact, modified versions of commit 11 and 12 has already been integrated in the official Debian packages.

I am not sure whether the rest of the changes should/will be upstreamed. Basically the changes I did to make it run on older Ubuntu releases was due to dependencies and changes related to packages which didn't exist back when 12.04 was released. When new packages are built in Debian, it happens in the development release. This makes it easy to know which packages exist and can be depended upone, but is of course less certain when you attempt to build the same package on older releases. However, the maintainer mentioned he might want to do a an update to the stable version of Debian, so let's see what happens.

I'll push this now, and will likely do another sync soon once the final veresion of build18 has been released and packaged.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~hjd/widelands/debian-b18rc1/+merge/207529
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian.