Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cmake-reworked into lp:widelands

> However, this is a cyclic dependency in the libraries. Therefore I had to disable GLOBAL_DEPENDS_NO_CYCLES.

I disalbed this now. It would be a lie to set it anyways - we have cyclic dependencies and though I wish we would not have them, setting this flag will not make them go away. network is not the only issue, graphics depends on logic too.

> IMHO the multi pass linking of gold just hides the existing cyclic dependencies and makes the CMake check useless.

Yes, that is the reason why some linkers do more than one pass - to link despite circular dependencies.

> My suggestion to fix this problem is to leave the network code in widelands_ball_of_mud for now since it is too closely linked to the rest of the widelands code.

No, I think it is better to start breaking ball of mud into pieces and adding dependencies as needed. This will make the cycles obvious and we can start breaking them down one by one.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/cmake-reworked/+merge/222455
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cmake-reworked.