Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/trimming-compile into lp:widelands

The inline diff tools is pretty broken - all your comments are invisible now. So I comment via Email instead.

> - link to somewhere on the wiki which explains manual building in more detail
> - fix indentation and creation of update.sh

Feel free to do indentation in the future right away. I review more with the offline tools as the inline diff tools are not that great and in code comments are actually pretty good.

> Right, I had forgotten about that. Added it now.
>
> Though in the cases where GNU make is known as gmake, isn't there usually some other make binary available which should work just as well?

no, that has bitten me before. gnu make is more powerful than posix make. IMHO cmake generates gnu makefiles.

>>     fi
>> -    while :
>> -    do
>> -      echo " "
>> -      echo "  Should I create an update script? [y]es/[n]o"
>> -      echo " "
>> -      read local_var_choice
>> -      echo " "
>> -      case $local_var_choice in
>> -        y) rm -f update.sh || true
>> +        rm -f update.sh || true
>>            (echo "#!/bin/sh"
>
> I'll experiment a bit. Worst-case scenario it can be a multiline echo, which I thought a bit about.

I think single line echos are better than multiline (less escaping probably), but cat << EOF is best (if it is workable).

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trimming-compile/+merge/227390
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/trimming-compile.