Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** thoughts on seafaring in AI

On 31.07.2014, at 13:00, Tibor Bamhor <tiborb95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about seafaring under AI, but on the begining some technical details should be made clear.
>
> For barbarians two buildings are relevant in this regard:
>
> shipyard - from standpoint of AI it is PRODUCTIONSITE, no problem here
> port - Here I dont know what it is.

A port is a Warehouse with an associated PortDock. The PortDock is a PlayerImmovable that sits in the water on a field close to its Warehouse). The PortDock should not be touched by the AI, it will need to do all of its interaction with the associated warehouse (the Port).

> ..I wonder, why the PORTDOCK is not listed together with other buildings?
It is no building.

> I would say portdock would be on the same level as productionsite,militarysite,mine, warehouse and training site. Or does it belong under "warehouses”?

No, neither :). But as said, the AI should only ever deal with the Warehouse, the PortDock is only important for the economy an ships.

> AI currently keeps information about buildings in two std::vectors: productionsites and militarysites. Perhaps third one, named f.e. 'portsites' is good idea? At least from the standpoing of 'management of buildings’.

You can just ask every warehouse::get_portdock(). If this returns nullptr, it is a plain Warehouse, otherwise it is a Port.