Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/reducing-paths into lp:widelands

>all I care about in this case is tha I know where to drop my .po or .mo file.

That's basically what I'm thinking too. :) And with this use case the option is not necessary because translations are still read from the same directory.

>Also, what about compile.sh? Does it build locales? If so, we need a symlink from the datadir to the created locale directory.

Yes it does. I'm not quite sure I got the part about the symlink, could you elaborate a bit? What the script currently does is:
    test -d build/locale || mkdir -p build/locale
    test -e locale || ln -s build/locale
which turns out fine after the widelands executable is placed in the root directory. (This is unchanged behaviour) Note that compile.sh doesn't set any of the possible paths so they end up being set to whatever is default, so I don't think this should need any changes.

Btw, I checked the packages for Arch Linux which I'm also somewhat familiar. Again, widelands-data places everything under usr/share/widelands. It doesn't use the games directory, but that might be a Debian-thing. The main point is that it places all data under a common structure, so I would reckon this is the common case.

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/widelands-data/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/widelands-data/files/
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/reducing-paths/+merge/239645
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/reducing-paths into lp:widelands.