Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup_geometry into lp:widelands

Review: Approve

We should turn the int type thing into a general cleanup task with clear guidelines. I have tended to use uin8_t especially for enum classes, because it will save on memory. However, uint8_t also involves a lot of type casts, e.g. with boost::format. I lack the experience to judge what is more important here: memory size or readability? I am always in favour of readability.

I haven't tested the code, but I went over the diff and it LGTM. I am all in favour of getting rid of custom data types. PlayerNumber is another prime candidate to get rid of IMO.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup_geometry/+merge/242888
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup_geometry.