Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1406301 into lp:widelands

You could use an offline translation tool which also suggests similar strings when you are translating. When there are many strings that only contain small changes (typos, or capitalization as this branch requests), you can fix them fairly quickly (if you do not care for capitalization in Finnish).

Another idea is not to change the source strings at all, but do a translation to (different versions of) English. That way, when we find a typo, we leave the source string as it is (with the typo, translators hopefully understand it anyway) and only change the "translation". This will not break the other translations.

Links to help: I think this is a good idea (we need some system for intra-help links, too). However, this needs some way of designating them in the source code, which will break all translations (but when this is done once, we can hopefully do some useful stuff with it). An automatic detection of such strings would not be desirable (e.g. think of "well"). A benefit of this would be that the colors can be used to distinguish between the building in Widelands and talking of the thing in general. (I have no good English example at my fingertips, but think of a language where fortress and fortification are the same word. Then, a sentence like "Reinforce your fortification." could be misunderstood.)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1406301/+merge/247513
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1406301.