Re: Move away from Launchpad

> Thanks for the participation in the discussion around moving away from Launchpad. A lot of useful information was discovered and added to the document that makes the decision much less clear cut. Two biggies that let me think right now that we should stay on Launchpad for a bit longer is that they are working on git integration (makes the bzr deprecation moot) and that GitHub does not allow to attach arbitrary files to bug reports (savegames? log output?).

The only advantage I see in moving right now would be running our tests
with Travis. If we can make our tests run with Launchpad, there is no
reason to move IMO, especially since Git might be coming. Launchpad has
also just finished a server upgrade, so timeouts during branching
shouldn't happen anymore.

I didn't even know that the Sourceforge list existed. Widelands moved
away from Sourceforge a long time ago, so retiring that list is
definitely a good idea.

What would be the advantage of Google Groups, what features would we be
actually using? Or in other words, except for posting the occasional
document link to 2 mailing lists (which will be just 1 in the future),
what would we get out of it? I don't use Google except for Widelands,
hence I'm asking ;)