Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500 into lp:widelands

further comments, I compiled with

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/var/widelands/installed-bug-1397500/  \
-DWL_INSTALL_DATADIR=share/widelands

It works with but see on part of console output:

Adding directory: /var/widelands/installed-bug-1397500/share/widelands <= my datadir - OK
Realpath: /var/widelands/bug-1397500/build/locale <= nonexistant dir
selected language: (system language) <= but I have LC_ALL=slovak, probably it wants to set slovak but directory with locales is not available, perhaps some error/warning would be fine here
using locale en_US

The game runs regardless, so player has no idea something is broken....

Also regresion test does not run as discussed above, of course if you move 'test' to (as) $DATADIR/test/, they works.

Also the exemption that you get  when test directory is missing can be improved to:
throw wexception("LayeredFileSystem: unable to create sub filesystem for %s",dirname.c_str());
to give a player a hint what might be wrong. (layered_filesystem.cc)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500/+merge/243860
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500.