Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/one_tribe into lp:widelands

> This function is used in the GameSettingsProvider classes before an egbase is created. Is there a better design than using static for this?

IMHO, yes. Pull the method out into a stand alone function. It is more modular, and less coupled (static methods can access private static members and private methods, which is not needed here). This decision is less clear cut though. I just had a discussion today with colleagues and they preferred to have 'related' methods in the class as static, even if they did not need the additionally access rights.

'Effective c++' agrees with me about the less coupling though.

It is a minor thing in any way.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/one_tribe/+merge/274832
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/one_tribe.