Re: bunnybot

Hi,

> somebody should explain this a bit.

yes, sorry. I should have sent an Email. I want bunnybot for the following reasons:

1) Make pushing to trunk impossible to mess up and possible also for non widelands-dev members.
2) Have tests and compilation running on all supported compilers for each merge request.
3) keep the github mirror up to date with the bzr repo.

1) is easy to achieve - bunnybot is a member of widelands-dev and can merge into trunk. So it can merge merge-requests in a standard way and make it impossible to mess up.

2) is harder. the way it does it right now is by using https://github.com/felipec/git-remote-bzr <https://github.com/felipec/git-remote-bzr> to convert a bzr branch into a git branch. It then pushes it onto github which triggers a continous-integration build. This one is building widelands right now with gcc 4.7,4.8,4.9 and 5. See this file <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/view/head:/.travis.yml> for how it works.

https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/branches <https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/branches> list all travis continous integration builds. The branch name on launchpad is translated into one that is legal for git, but you can search for the name of your branch there and find out why it failed to build.

Bunnybot is not done - I want to show the travis build result in the merge request, instead of just having the link. Also it probably has some bugs and misses features. However, it is ready for trying out.

> Can I merge branches in old way, or bunnybot is obligatory?

Feel free to use the old way if you prefer it, bunnybot is a service, not a requirement. I want bunnybot to be a good tool though, so I think it should first try to merge trunk into the branch to check for merge conflicts and report back if there are any. Right now it does not do that.

> If I write '@bunnybot merge' in merge discussion, will it be automatically merged?

yes.

> Anybody can write this command?

yes. If it is ever abused we can change that easily though.

> Does it checks for 'approves' or merge conflicts?

no. If the merge fails it will just crash right now. Eventually it should give information in the branch proposal.

> What is puspose of https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/branches <https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/branches> ?
>
> Can the first column be made wider?

It does not seem like it. This page also gives you access to the builds though https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/builds <https://travis-ci.org/widelands/widelands/builds>

Happy new year, everybody!