Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas into lp:widelands

Info:
Graphics: Try to set Videomode 1x1
Graphics: OpenGL: Version "4.3.0 - Build 10.18.14.4139"
Graphics: OpenGL: Double buffering enabled
Graphics: OpenGL: Max texture size: 16384

Runtime to do a wl_make_texture_atlas 8192 => ~60 seconds , 16384=> ~74 seconds.
Hardware is Lenovo x240 Notebook with an Intel Core i7-4600U.

My vote goes to variant 2. On windows system with AV software there should be a performance gain because fewer files have to be scanned.
I don't think 60 seconds are a blocker for Graphic devs: How long does it take to e.g. render a new animation  with Blender? Does this both then end up too long?

What about building a small testing app which just renders/animates single widelands animations for a first visual check?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas/+merge/281909
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas into lp:widelands.