Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands-website/fix-installation into lp:widelands-website

Thanks for testing again.

As i know information provided by Django-tracking is currently only used by the Online_users box.

I am currently trying to get an installation with Django 1.8 to work (only installation, with sqlite3, no bugfixes). Regarding to django-tracking see f.e. my notes in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/django1_8/view/head:/update_problems.txt This file covers only a few problems when using django 1.8. F.e. Pillow (Image manipulation) provides no packages for linuy-systems over pypi anymore and recommends installing this as system package (f.e. via apt-get install python-imaging). Using functions from Pillow is then only possible if you create a virtualenv with --system-site-packages instead of --no-system-site-packages. Only one example ;)

I fear using django 1.8 needs writing most code from scratch... If i am ready with a ready to install branch, i create a new bugreport and ask for testing.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/fix-installation/+merge/286797
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:widelands-website.