Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/validate-translations into lp:widelands

Except for the final directory cleanup because pofilter will produce empty directories, the only thing that this script does is to call external tools from the command line. How would that be easier in Python or C++?

Also, we can't run this automatically, because the tests will produce false positives. So, the results need to be evaluated by the translators. For example, "Hello!" will be translated into Spanish as "¡Hola!", triggering a false positive for the starting punctuation check. Initial capitalization check will fail when "water" is translated into German as "Wasser". Sentences that contain "please" in English will always end in a question mark in Gaelic, failing the end punctuation check, etc... ;)

I am thinking of running this about twice a year, and then when we approach a new release.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/validate-translations/+merge/305758
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/validate-translations.