Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/switch_direction into lp:widelands

In order to not get seasick I have to do this:

constexpr float kLongAnimationMs = 3500.f;

It means that the minimap zoom is far too slow for normal use - the user will get impatient. So -1 to that.

There is also a second problem with not changing direction at once: The user doesn't get a reaction from the UI on their mouseclick, so they will probably add a few extra, unnecessary clicks. This gets worse if we slow this down.

I have no problem whatsoever with the abruptness of the change in direction on a second mouseclick - it's actually what the user expects: an instant change of direction. So, the speed not being 100% smooth isn't that much of a problem, and it send a clear signal anyway. Making it too smooth might actually make me motion sick all over again ;)

I think this feature looks really great in the scenarios and I fell in love with it instantly, but do we really need it for the minimap? IMO, it's either merge this branch, or jump. Panning only would also work, but we don't want to lose the zoom out for the scenarios.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/switch_direction/+merge/315432
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/switch_direction.