Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1687100-reveal_fields into lp:widelands

Review: Needs Fixing

Hmmm... this do not work. From my understanding the function is_seeing() restricts the seen fields to MapObjectType::WAREHOUSE;

So all nodes (fields) which are not in the area a Warehouse sees, behaves as before: E.g. the census and statistics disappear for a short time.

You could see this when playing this branch with the datadir of the reveal_hide_animations branch and playing the seafaring tutorial. Enable census and statistics and watch the region of the foresters at the southern islands (increase game speed).

I think at least the military buildings must be added to set the seen fields.

Another approach is maybe to make the function sees_field() (https://wl.widelands.org/docs/wl/autogen_wl_game/#wl.game.Player.sees_field) read- and settable. So a modder could read and set it by himself.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1687100-reveal_fields/+merge/323721
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1687100-reveal_fields.