Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-boost-asio into lp:widelands

Review: Needs Fixing compile, test

* I can connect to the metaserver, so networking basically works.

* With a second try I now died with:

Assertion failed: (state_ == OFFLINE), function login,
file /Users/klaus/develop/widelands-repo/net-boost-asio/src/network/internet_gaming.cc, line 118.
But I think this is already adressed in some other fix.

* Hmm, You use
   d->promoter = new LanGamePromoter()
with a BroadcastAddr even for an internet game.

And this then fails here:

boost::asio::ip::udp::endpoint destination(boost::asio::ip::address::from_string("ff02::1"), port);
socket_v6.send_to(boost::asio::buffer(buf, len), destination, 0, ec);

please fix:
 * no Brodcast for a pure Internet game.
 * in case one of IVP4 _or_ IPV6 broadcast can be used,
   do not fail but log a warning only.

I will not try a local network game until this is fixed.
I assume it will fail in the same way.

Thanks for your work nonetheless, you may find me in the Lobby between
18:00 and 20:00 CET some times, so we may further discuss my findings
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/net-boost-asio/+merge/324364
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-boost-asio.