Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/toggle_resources into lp:widelands

I assume people, including me, can live with such arrangement as you propose. I find it not so convincing, however. While I see your point, I don't quite agree that the current state of the Buildhelp view and related tools has to remain as is.

If I had to decide I probably would prefer the WYSIWIG principle and regard it undesirable you have feasibility to perform editions which you are not visibly aware of, or made aware of, so to speak. So I would agree the edition principles should hold strong for all similar tools, but I rather suggest to investigate to change the Buildhelp settings than allow for invisible editions for other tools.

The modifications of terrain can be ignored as Buildhelp display can be defined as derivation from the current terrain shape, so it's not really that you create or remove Buildhelp patterns. In that there is no tool involved. Only thing relevant are edifice creation or Portspace creation and these would have to be changed and made dependent on Buildhelp visibility. On a sidenote: once Portspaces are indicated by Anchors, as is planned for the future, the Buildhelp arguments falls aside for this tool.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/toggle_resources/+merge/328958
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/toggle_resources into lp:widelands.