Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid into lp:widelands

> The option to use a temporary UUID has been removed and the interval for the "permanent" ones reduced to 12 hours. So I guess this branch is ready for merge now?

Will have another quick read through in a minute, but yes, I think so. I will merge this and also merge the metaserver branch as soon as this is in. Thanks for working on this! Now on to the even more important relay stuff :).

> Thanks for the link, will be an interesting read. Is that the style guide Widelands (or you?) are trying to follow?

Unfortunately, Widelands predates the Google style guide. Therefore it is not really enforcable in our code base anymore. Also, the style guide mixes style (indent, whitespace, curly braces positions) with good practices (no globals, no non-const references as arguments). Generally it is the best guideline for writing good c++ that I know and I really like the thorough explanations that come with each point.

Having worked at Google for 5 years, I also came to appreciate how many bugs following the style guide avoids. So I usually adhere to it whenever I write new code.

So I'd say, having a read through will give you a lot of food for thought.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid/+merge/332264
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid.