Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/sphinx_remove_py_modindex into lp:widelands

The difference is that on the website the json files are read and passed through the django template system. The used template for py-modindex is: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/trunk/view/head:/templates/sphinxdoc/py-modindex.html

This template uses a hardcoded string 'Module Index'. If you run 'make html' sphinx uses his own templates for the html files.

>From my understanding Sphinx will create an Index for each Domain. Say you're documenting c++ and python code in your project, sphinx will create two indexes: One for C++ and one for python. We are using the default Domain, python, so a py-modindex will be created.

In the branch https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/solitaire_html_documentation i am using an own conf.py, so i am fine with reverting conf.py here. So creating a documentation for him/her self directly from the sources is not tainted. But i think this 'Python Module Index' string is confusing.

If you think 'py-modindex' should remain i have no problem to revert the changes in conf.py, but the removed line in index.rst should remain. The removed line will only remove the link to py-modindex.html in index.html, but all other files will still have a link to 'py-modindex' (in the header at the right).

I have tried several things to change this string, including providing an own domain-file, but i wasn't able to get it work :-( The last consideration was to exchange the string directly in the produced html file, but i think it's not worth the work.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/sphinx_remove_py_modindex/+merge/345261
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/sphinx_remove_py_modindex into lp:widelands.