Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1783878_editor_random_map_tribe into lp:widelands

As ever: The idea might be good, but implementing is quite difficult.

I think a special "Random Tribe" needs only the name, descname and an icon, nothing more. So i have tried to add a "Random Tribe" through lua, but it fails because the code for tribe initializing depends on so much other stuff. In result we may need exceptions in many places in form of

if (tribe != "random_tribe"){
// Do stuff for normal tribes
}

Maybe there could be another way of implementing the idea?

For build20 this isn't worth the work, imho. And i am feeling not able to do so.

So lets stick with the bug fix proposed here and reschedule a "Random tribe" for another day?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1783878_editor_random_map_tribe/+merge/352038
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1783878_editor_random_map_tribe.