Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/appveyor_fix into lp:widelands

which environments do we need to support then? That is I wasn't sure which version of glbinding is currently used by the travis environment.

For me it seems to be more efficient to stick to the old versions of glbinding and boost and every other possibly upgraded package until we can switch to newer ones for all supported building Environments.

As the MSYS repo will keep this versions for a long time there is no need to hurry. Only thing is we should add the glbinding downgrade to the MSYS build instructions on the homepage as well.

Although I have no idea what could be the implication on the travis environment.

we could do the upgrade for all environments when the environment with the lowest version of the 3rd party packages upgrades.

By the way building with glew only would have been possible with appveyor as well, but I would prefer to have both options available in every environment.

So I would prefer stay with the current libs as long as reasonable and afterwards do one migration task for all environments at once. (good thing is we already know how to do this for glbinding 3.0.x.x and boost 1.68), but in the end it is your decision so if you want me to incorporate the glbinding solution and the boost switch I can do this.

Otherwise we would need to maintain a huge bunch of switches in  the code to support different versions of these packages.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/appveyor_fix/+merge/354160
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/appveyor_fix into lp:widelands.