Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1766957-sinking-ship-animation into lp:widelands

Review: Needs Fixing

Thanks for looking into this.
Unfortunately, this branch doesn't fix it for me.
I took a look into this now and I think the bug might be due to a mismatch between animation duration (3000 ms), animation speed (7 fps) and number of animation frames (20 images). In some cases (strangely it seems to be random) this leads to 21 frames being displayed, looping and showing the first image of the sinking animation again. That image is more or less the same as in the idle animation, so it probably isn't the idle animation playing at all.
Fixing it would mean changing one of these values. I guess the easiest one would be the number of images by copying the (empty) 20st image and naming it as 21 (for both Atlanteans and Frisians).

Even when it doesn't fix the bug, I tend to merge your code change anyway. It seems to be the more correct behavior independent of the bug. After all, the code should never reach this method when the ship is currently sinking.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1766957-sinking-ship-animation/+merge/353746
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1766957-sinking-ship-animation.