Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1434875-net-client-disconnect into lp:widelands

I have not been able to fix the memory leak.

The heart of the problem is that dropdowns break the expected tree hierarchy for panels by necessity - otherwise, we would not be able to show the list outside of the enclosing box. We have continually been struggling with this.

It's also weir that the same problem doesn't happen for the editor player menu, where we also have dropdowns inside a box inside a unique window.

I think we need to change the panel implementation to use shared_ptr instead of raw pointers. I have too many UI branches open at this time to do this now though - the changes will be huge and cause merge conflicts all over the place.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1434875-net-client-disconnect/+merge/354531
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1434875-net-client-disconnect into lp:widelands.