widelands-dev team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/handling-various-fs-errors into lp:widelands
The proposal to merge lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/handling-various-fs-errors into lp:widelands has been updated.
Commit message changed to:
Improved error handling for file save dialogs
In Load/Save menu for games/replays:
- All deletion errors are caught, player gets a message.
- When deleting multiplayer replays, also the corresponding syncstream file is deleted.
- After deleting replays, the table now respects the Show Filenames setting.
In Save menu for maps:
- Errors when trying to create a directory are now caught, player gets a message.
- Directory creation now doesn't allow names with map extensions, because the game would just trying to interpret them as maps and not show as directories. A tooltip is shown.
- Directory creation can now also be triggered by pressing Enter in the name edit box.
Other file errors are caught and logged:
- syncstream deletion in SyncWrapper destructor
- in Map::get_correct_loader
- file deletion/renaming in GameClient::handle_packet
For more details, see:
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/handling-various-fs-errors.