Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands

I tested the new version now. It is better of course as we have one writing cycyle less.
However it lasts still about 3:40 minutes from clicking start until the game finally starts for maps with a lot of fields.
As this was introduced to avoid a 4 (maybe 6) second black screen on big maps after the game started I am pretty unsure whether this is worth the pain. For me I'd rather accept a 6 second blackscreen and a game start after 40 seconds than having to wait 3:40 minutes. Perhaps we could display a message box from lua instead having this done in the game initialisation.
Of course we will suffer the same thing when saving a game but this could be circumvented by increasing the autosave interval.
Anyhow getting rid of the superfluos save is good in any way.

So what are your thoughts about this?

Another question I am interested in is whether this is a windows only behaviour and if so why?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations/+merge/361366
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations.