wifix-helpers team mailing list archive

Hurray for Wifixers and new team member tenach

Yeah Wifixers/Wifix-helpers team! We've taken the first step towards
getting Wifix to be the extremely useful program we know it can become.
Last Wednesday (by my time in Silicon Valley/PDT anyway) , Sept 1 we
released Wifix v0.3 and i was able to follow up with a launchpad
announcement.  That completes our 'First Release' Blueprint. I haven't
put too much up at the old SourceForge project about it, but as our
version gets more solid i'll do that too.

Now we move on to 1) if needed (a) maintenance release(s) of v0.3 (i
don't know if we need one yet, but if anyone sees some issues that
require it, please mention it; 2) The 'Second Release' Blueprint and the
related blueprints about bug wrangling and feature addition.  I really
hope everyone will participate in creating, editing and updating the
blueprints and use them to communicate with each other and steer our
course.

Also now is the time for us to delve into the pet areas we each have
wanted to work on.  For example Sam/samd_ has started working on an
'About' dialog as well as making qt/KDE actually work.  Kenny/km0r3 has
got knowledge and experience with bash so i hope he'll he'll help us
with the migration from bash to python in  linux-wifix-install and
RestructuredText/'Rest' documentation which i hope we can incorporate
into Wifix.  Thomas/tenach (along with seidos and kermiac) has knowledge
about PHP and SQL so together i'm hoping you'll be able to get the MySQL
central DB migrated to our domain and create some (PHP to begin with,
Python eventually) routines we can use to more easily administer it (w/o
needing to be as PHP or SQL-aware as they are) so we can start updating
it.  Kermiac/Mitch i haven't gotten to ask you or have forgotten what
area you'd like to focus on (my apologies).  For me,
i/Drew/nUboon2Age'll probably work on bug fixing and, team wrangling

Please welcome new addition Thomas Martin, aka tenach to the Wifixers
team.  He's already been helping us out with our domain and i just got
around to asking him if he was interested in participating as a Wifixer
and he said yes.  Embarassingly i didn't get his long list of
programming languages recorded, but i think it included Python, PHP, SQL
and javascript.  Yeah tenach and welcome to the Wifers.

Making Progress!

Drew
nUboon2Age